Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SELF SELF SELF

After SCREENOPHOBIA, another syndrome afflicts Midhun in Lavale.

Midhun goes to an internet café and opens Gmail, his favorite place to shop girls.

After a minute, there are murmurs and rumblings heard from the cubicle. The skeptical owner walks like a cat, keeping his ears to the door he hears….

Then ………

“Why don’t you keep in touch? Do mail me. Take care. Byeeee…”

“Why don’t you keep in touch? Do mail me. Take care. Byeeee…”

“Why don’t you keep in touch? Do mail me. Take care. Byeeee…”

The owner is flabbergasted at the repetition. Before he went back to his seat, he heard something more.

“Bomb blast in Delhi, 20 killed”

“Bomb blast in Delhi, 20 killed”

“Bomb blast in Delhi, 20 killed”

After 29 minutes 58 seconds, Midhun winds up so that the money to the cafe stays at Rs 10/-

But the curious café owner approaches Midhun: “Sorry, but I overheard u repeating sentences. What was that for?”

Midhun: ‘ohhh, yeah….I was absolutely normal when I came from Kerala. Then we had self study tests, had to byheart one word terms from websites. After that…”

The owner interferes: “Are you from SIMC???’

Midhun gives a surprised look and asks: “How did you guess that?”

Owner: “Ohhh my dear, even my neighbor’s son enrolled for PYAR in Fungiosis. After a semester of classes, he started repeating anything and everything he saw on the internet. Luckily we met Dr. Hurray Hurray!!!, MBBS (Masters in Bloopers & Blunder Science) who treated him in a bibliographic manner"

Midhun sees his future without the (CRYSTAL) ball gazing that he normally does in SIMC

Midhun: “Where is that guy placed now??”

Café owner: He is working in the self-study test - I , II, III, IV, V factory at Fungiosis as senior questionNAIRe now.

M (remembers the NAIR link of Kerala): “I know him, I know him…” and runs amok with a similar crowd…

Midhun suffers from the same even today. After the one failure he suffered in SELF STUDY TEST IV, you open any crap in any website and Midhun by-hearts. He has even by-hearted pop-up’s from Exigencyfaqs.com, smint.com, bhoot.com and what not…

University plans are in way to change the nomenclature to - Selfish study test, without disturbing the sanctity of the acronym, so that people study a little for themselves.

1 comment:

Midhun Murali said...

Tried a lot to study things byheart, but my heart and brain have been eaten up by something else; something scary, something spoils my sleep, something that'll happen across 22 cities (One International city, I wont forget), something which gave u the title 'head' and make u work like 'slave', something that has to do a lot with themes, but will alter ur biological & mental themes completely............I gave up people :(