Thursday, June 4, 2009

Assignment Travails

A conversation on phone

The frantic morning call at 9 was good enough to keep me awake for the whole day.

The caller (C) says

C: Rejil, this is “X” here, sorry to disturb you at this point of time

R: No Worries, tell me.

C: Rejil, can I take i-pill?

Gulp gulp gulp

(Am thinking and there is death like silence)

The caller continues: Or else should I take Mala-D ?

R: Arey, you take any. But why are you asking me?

C: You are the president & you only mailed to ask you before selecting, and that its first come first serve.

R: (worried) What first come first serve? I-pill and Mala-D?

C: No, Any one of these two are fine with me

R: What?

C: Why r u sounding so nervous and odd?

(What else should I feel? If only had you taken a rubber in your wallet !)

C: Rejil, tell me, am I late in taking i-pill? Then can I take Mala-D?

R: (confused) Now, I don’t know when this happened to ascertain whether you are late. The sooner you take i-pill, the better.

C: Ohh ! thank God, i-pill is available. It was just last night at 1 am that I saw your message & thought that am late.

R: (Lost) You should have taken it yesterday night itself. (Almost dead) Anyways, I don't have i-pill even now !

C: Ohh! So, someone asked already & you gave it to too?

R: (Angry) What ? I am not the kind you think I am. Agreed that I like a girl, but...

C: But I did not want to pester you as I thought you would be tired after the days effort. OK, then, I'll take Mala-D?

R: (Still angry) What effort ? I don't have both. But, I read that i-pill is 95% effective within 24 hours of unprotected sex, while am unsure about Mala-D. It's your choice.Being president doesn't mean that you need to ask me every personal.....

C: ( Interrupts ) What sex??? Arey, am asking you about the choice of the Indian brand for my advertising assignment.

(Heaving a sigh of relief, I say to myself)

R: Lucky that it finished off as a quickie. Else, I would have had a heart attack....

The other side enquires: What are you whispering?

R: Now don’t say that. Stay-free and let me remain carefree. You take i-pill or Mala-D or even Saheli. I don’t mind at all. All brands are available till now.

C: Thank you for your patience and time. I am taking i-pill.

(She is too formal in conversations)

R: Good choice. You are the most unwelcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tring tring.... The second caller.....

D : Rejil, this is “Y” here, sorry to disturb you at this point of time

R: No Worries, tell me.

D: Rejil, is Virgin already taken ?

R: Yes, I took her. First come first serve.... phewwww.....

(P.S to my future bride: "All these are pure figments of my imagination / fictitious. :P :P :P. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.")

ACTUAL STORY:

Assignment No: 1 - Advertising - Sem III

Select an Indian brand, ideally a comparatively new and not a very large one. Explore how they have used print, electronic, online, outdoor and experiential branding and communication to build their brand. A brand can be chosen by only one student. Coordinate with Rejil.
Love
UKC
Dining table

9 comments:

Vinaya said...

hehe :)

akshay said...

hahaha nice one.........the positionings too cool

Creative Gypsy said...

i cudnt stop smiling.

:)

Midhun Murali said...

I don't think that anyone from a particular college and the particular batch will have any doubts in chosing between I Pill or Mala D (for brand analysis) :P So I vouch that this is purely a fictiouos work (for Rejil's future bride, if any) ;)

And I'd suggest you to come out with a President's diary later. Ton kanakkinnu fun ;) ;)

Lavanya said...

Hehehe!!! Good one!!!

Supriya said...

lol..the last bit was killer!
dining table :D

Sweta said...

good one Regil!! Your blog is the best dose of laughter after a day's long work!

Aditi Chauhan said...

Ossum I say!!

Me said...

you should love UKC for reaping a harvest on the fertile grounds of your imagination!!!!!
SIMBLY suBercool!!!
If not for the disclaimer for your Future Wife, I wouldve unearthed these wonderful specimens of your college life, for ensuring hit stories for my blogs to be :D :D :D