Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TNG Hat-trick !

One of the outstanding achievements at SIMC happened this week. Don't ask who earned the accolades! It is so rumored that he will also be given the Young Achievers Award in Pune footprints 2009. This boy challenged the university to try making him write the exams and not vice versa. The university finally failed. Let’s read how.

A set of three students EARNED a TNG (Not a Bournville) by getting their third semester cancelled due to their exceptionally appreciable performances in the disciplinary side of their previous internships.

The student in picture comes to me: “Please help me somehow and let me off the TNG knot!”

Rejil tries his best and after a week of discussions gets him off the TNG hook. Let free to breathe free, he takes his first deep breath and opens his eyes to find a paper on the notice board that reads

Students below a CGPA of 2.0 and hence is a TNG in the third semester is listed below.

The person EARNS it again. He comes running to me and says - “Please help me somehow and let me off the TNG knot!”

Rejil tries his best and after another week of discussions gets him off the TNG hook. Left free to breathe free, he takes his first deep breath and finds a paper on the notice board that reads.

Final attendance list – Semester III

Due to swine flu and other related good times, few of the lucky ones are left off the noose with a 70% attendance. The elated souls dance with joy of not getting a TNG.

Our man looks at the list and looks at me. Even without uttering a word, I could read his mind, which was constantly chanting.

“Please help me somehow and let me off the TNG knot!”

And I look at him and the notice board – “66.5%? Impossible”

“Me or the attendance?” – He quips

You EARNED it the third time in the third semester alone, making it a record of sorts’ man.

As symbi folklores would say, this is the story of a boy who slept on the most used railway tracks only to find the train going on a generally ignored track. But alas, finally one day, he switched on the ceiling fan only to find it rotting on his head leaving him unconscious on the ground.

All the best buddy! You can’t be saved of a TNG, but surely from the exam blues!

2 comments:

Sourya said...

could you get me off a TNG hook? :P

Naman Saraiya said...

Me too?
Though, I'm new to this.
:|