Monday, December 29, 2008

Aftereffects of an internship

Midhun goes to the NGO & completes the internship with panache

An incident
Midhun: Mommy, I am going to the jail.
The girl next door overhears (In hushed overtones to her mom): So, that’s the case. Midhun chettan is on parole. And he boasts to us that he is doing MBA.

The fact stands apart. Midhun’s NGO deals with prisoner’s children and he as part of the field work is supposed to meet the prisoners for his short film project.

Something parallel happens in another city of Kerala.

Rejil: Bro, I will be late. I have to be with a sex-worker.
Brother’s friend, who came as a guest, stands stone-faced
(& thinks) So, this is what is termed progressive thought process and an accepting family.

In fact, Rejil planned to meet the sex-workers for the purpose of a survey and research.

But there in Kottayam, an irritated Midhun prepares the report as per the list.

Field work (Mandatory): In spite of the NGO vehemently opposing my move to plough the courtyard and other available areas, my inherent talent to convince him helped me win the task. Now paddy and wheat is cultivated all around the NGO premises.
Field work indeed!!!

Communication strategies: Forced the NGO to get the postpaid connection with the maximum offers.

Documentation: Noted minutes wasting hours together.

External communication: Spoke to God. Do help me finish the projects on time.

Internal communication: Spoke a lot to myself. Yes. Intrapersonal communication.

At the end of the day Midhun wonders: When I speak to God, its prayer, but the vice versa is schizophrenia. Why so? ;)

And Midhun's report gave importance only to the three mandatory tasks. Yes..Exactly as you guessed.... simply because it’s MANdatory.

4 comments:

Akshay said...

haha nice one Reg and to know (not many know)i nearly got arrested. Sat in the cop house for 2 hours..long story....

Midhun Murali said...

Hehe, loved it :P

I went to the women's prison in trivandrum (Neyyatinkara) and burn me, i tried to click a photograph outside the confinement. The lady police there shouted at me and ask me to get out ;) This is one of the experiences i faced during the NGO internship. A lot more to come :)

Blogged in said...

good one!! Same story here!! in search of mandatory tasks which were not required!

Rejil Krishnan said...

@ Aksh - we read it online.. :) u mailed...
@ Midhun - u r imprisoned.. :)
@ Blogged in : hehe